On April 20, 2018
concerned people will
to raise awareness and
funds in support of
Friday, April 20, 2018
333 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Registration and gathering for
participants and supporters
10:30 p.m. – 5:30 a.m.
Coffee, muffins, juice
SLEEP OUT! Contact:
Since 1970, Huckleberry House has been providing shelter for homeless and runaway youth. Huck House also offers a transitional living program, youth outreach services, and a family counseling program; all to address the needs of young people in crisis.
Huckleberry House, Inc.
1421 Hamlet Street
Columbus, OH 43201
If you want to raise awareness and funds in support of homeless youth,
What are we asking you to do?
First, we are asking you to come to the SLEEP OUT! on April 20 and sleep outside – rain or shine, hot or cold. You will need a sleeping bag and whatever else you think will make you comfortable sleeping on the plaza outside of COSI. All participants will sleep under one large tent in a monitored and secured area.
Second, we are asking you to raise money to support Huck House and our programs that serve young people who are in crisis, experiencing homelessness, or transitioning out of homelessness. You will have your own fundraising page on the SLEEP OUT! website.
How will Huck House help?
- Huck House will give you fundraising samples for emails and text messages.
- There will be an information meeting for participants in January.
- You will have a page on the SLEEP OUT! website for donations. (If you are under 18, you and your parent can create your fundraising page together.)
- On the night of the SLEEP OUT! each participant may bring one guest to the kick off gathering at COSI
- All participants will SLEEP OUT! under one large tent in a monitored, secure area.
Huckleberry House serves youth experiencing some of the most difficult circumstances, including homelessness. From the 520 teens who spent the night in our crisis shelter to the 2,313 young people served by our Youth Outreach team, we met the varied needs of young people in crisis in 2016. With a 90% success rate in our Transitional Living Program, we are addressing the long term self-sufficiency of young people and keeping them out of the adult homeless system. Proceeds of the SLEEP OUT! will benefit the proven programs of Huckleberry House.